INTECH Youth Training Scholarship
INTECH in collaboration with Kids That Code, Inc. is excited to announce InTech’s Youth Program Scholarship for select high school students to attend a special youth training program at the amazing INTECH Center in Fontana, Ca.
Begins Saturday, February 3, 2018 thru Saturday, March 3, 2018
Introduction to Electronics with Arduino (10:00 am—11:30 am)
Arduino is hardware and software that can interact with buttons, LEDs, motors, speakers, GPS units, cameras, the internet, and even your smart-phone or your TV. It is the perfect platform to create your own devices and prototypes.
This hands-on class is great for students who like learning by doing. You will learn the basics of electronics and build and program simple devices using Arduino.
Students interested in a career in electrical engineering, automation, robotics, electronics, or computer programming would benefit from this course.
Open to Grades 9th – 12th
Benefits of Arduino:
- Learn basic electronics
- Learn about microcomputing systems
- Create interactive objects or environments
- Basis for electrical engineering
- Rapid prototyping
- Building blocks for robotics
- Basis for automation
- Dates: Saturday, Feb. 3, Feb. 10, Feb. 24, Mar. 3
- Two meeting times: 10:00 am – 11:30 am (Class Full) or 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Classes will take place at the INTECH Center, Building A, 9400 Cherry Ave, Fontana, CA 92335
- $125 InTech Youth Training scholarship will pay the program fee. All scholarships are provided through a JP Morgan Chase Foundation Grant
- Parents will be required to pay a non-refundable reservation fee of $15.00 per student to guarantee a seat for your child
- Class size is limited to only 25 student
- Open to students 9th – 12th grade attending school in San Bernardino, Riverside, or Los Angeles Counties
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis on before January 28, 2018
- Attendance for the first week is mandatory or the student will be dropped from the program and parents may be responsible for repayment of unused scholarship
- Enrollment information will be shared with INTECH and grant partners for statistical purposes
- Transportation will not be provided
The InTech Center is a 33,000 square foot facility with seven classrooms, a computer lab, pre-engineering lab, electrical lab, and mechanical lab. Located on the California Steel Industries campus in Fontana, the InTech Center is designed to provide hands-on training to individuals that employers are looking for in the rapid growing manufacturing industry.
Training programs include Industrial Electrical, Industrial Mechanical, Automation & Process Control, Conventional Machinist, Mechatronics, Welding, HVAC, AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS, MasterCam, Construction and Forklift training.